The Law Office of Stephanie J. Squires & Associates, APLC Call for a FREE Consultation 909-907-8783
Rancho Cucamonga Divorce Attorney Firm Overview Attorneys Family Law Contact Us

Free Consultation!

(909) 474-7944

Family Law
Child Custody/Visitation
Child Support
Court Order Enforcement
Court Order Modification
Domestic Violence
Father's Rights
Grandparents' Rights
Property Division
Spousal Support

Rancho Cucamonga Court Order Enforcement Attorney

Divorce Lawyer Helping Clients Enforce Court Orders

After a divorce, problems can arise, with one party failing to comply with the court orders regarding support, settlement payments or custody. If you are dealing with an ex-spouse or other party who is failing to comply with court-ordered obligations, it is time to get help from a Rancho Cucamonga family lawyer who knows the system intimately.

As a highly experienced divorce attorney in Rancho Cucamonga, I have a great deal of insight into the various action to get a court order enforced. When you engage the services of my firm, the Law Office of Stephanie J. Squires & Associates, APLC, I will focus on getting the problem resolved in the most effective way possible. I pride myself on never handing my clients off to a paralegal or assistant, but to work with each person directly. I will strive for the best possible resolution in cases of a failure to comply with an existing court order.

Contempt Citations as Court Order Enforcement

The power of the court does not end when a court order is issued. The parties involved are required to adhere to the provisions in the orders. If there is a failure to do so, the legal system allows for various actions to be taken to enforce the order. Whether it is a child custody/visitation violation or a spousal support issue, there are several legal actions that can be taken for enforcement. It starts with a review of your situation, and a discussion with you about moving forward to get the matter under control, the support paid, or your visitation with your children complied to.

In some cases in which one party refuses to comply with a court order, there can be charges of contempt of court filed. The court does not look kindly upon those who do not take a court order seriously, and comply with the terms. The penalties could include:

  • Fines
  • Time in jail
  • Change in child custody or visitation privileges
  • Other restrictions based on the circumstances of the violation

In some cases, all it will require is the threat of pursuing a contempt of court citation to get a person to finally respond and act as required to comply with the original court order. Other cases may require seeking a court order to garnish wages, access property or get tax refunds applied to an outstanding balance for child support or spousal support.

Don't Wait to Seek Professional Legal Counsel

You should not have to endure the frustration and hardship resulting from another person's failure to follow the rules. I am a seasoned Rancho Cucamonga family law attorney with extensive experience navigating family law courts. I can help you pursue court order enforcement and take the weight off your shoulders. I have a great understanding of state family law, and extensive courtroom experience to bring to the table for you. Contact my office today for more information, or you can submit a free case evaluation online.

The Law Office of Stephanie J. Squires & Associates, APLC 909-907-8783

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.Attorney Web Design This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does notconstitute, an attorney-client relationship.